Friday, January 11, 2008

paradise.



Heather and I had the most amazing time snowshoeing from Paradise parking lot at 5400' up to Panorama Point (7200') on Mt. Rainier on New Year's Eve. This was our "date/vacation" for the holidays, made possible by borrowing my brother Jeff's 4-runner and Dallin's snowshoes for Heather (thanks!). The only day without precip on the forecast, it was just perfect. If we had gotten there earlier (roads weren't open until 1pm due to heavy snowfall), we would have made it a ways up the Muir Snowfield. Next time, we'll bring snowboards or skis for the way down! 

1 comment:

jamestownboys said...

Thanks for your comment on my photography post Logan. I have really missed the video capabilities of a point and shoot. Our old point and shoot only has video and no sound, but I still miss that option.
And yep, I agree - I think the SLR is a great step into the artistic world of photography!
Your Alaska video was very cool! That really made me miss a good point and shoot. Perhaps someday you can steer me towards a good one :).

Cool blog here - now get back to studying - he he.